Q: Can Tullitec’s services be accessed remotely?
A: Yes, Tullitec has had the ability to work remotely for a number of years. We have been able to continue working with our clients seamlessly through lockdown.
Q: What services are Tullitec offering during COVID-19?
A: All of our services can be delivered remotely – please visit our website for a full description of what we can offer and read our clients’ Case Studies and testimonials, alternatively give us a call to discuss.
Q: What should an Organisation’s IT priorities be following the COVID-19 crisis?
A: Tullitec recommends that organisations do not make rash decisions about investing in IT. We would encourage businesses to look at their existing IT infrastructure and services, to ensure that they are realising its potential while the business goals are re-evaluated post COVID-19. Once the business has clear direction an IT Roadmap can be produced to ensure the business and IT goals align.
Q: What if we have a very limited IT Budget?
A: For clients with a very limited budget the best way forward is to work smarter with existing technology, prioritise what is important and plan for the future. Tullitec can help you identify how to maximise existing IT that will meet business requirements.
Q: What can Tullitec do to help Organisations through COVID-19?
A: COVID-19 has presented businesses with significant challenges – for some it has resulted in rapid growth to meet demand, while for others it’s about survival. Each organisation is different however examples of Tullitec’s approach might be:
- Review how well existing IT meets the needs of the organisation.
- Identify improvements and tools to help management and staff perform their roles more effectively.
- Assess and either adopt or eradicate any workaround solutions which staff have used to resolve problems.
- Determine how best to deliver these improvements and tools, including costs, resources and timescales.
- Assess their internal IT management provisions, policies and competency.
Q: What do you recommend for working remotely?
A: Our advice would be to analyse what functionality is required for the business and select a solution that is secure, resilient as well as user and budget friendly. As Independent consultants Tullitec can help select the right solution for your business.
Q: What security measures do I need to put in place for remote workers?
A: Organisations will need to ensure Staff who are remote working have the equipment, connectivity and know how to protect themselves and the organisation’s systems and data. Elements to consider are:
- Is the network they are using (e.g. home broadband) secure?
- Are their passwords secret and complex; do they reuse passwords?
- Do they need to use 2 factor authentication when logging into key services?
- Are they fully aware of company policies for using IT services?
- Are they accessing company online resources securely e.g. via a virtual private network (VPN) connection?
Q: How can I ensure my business will cope with a 2nd wave of COVID-19 should it happen?
A: It is important to evaluate what worked and what didn’t work during the 1st wave. Prior to embarking on any IT improvements, the first step is to re-evaluate your business goals. If these have changed then the IT improvements can be made to align with the new direction. Next, take the lessons learned from lockdown and work these into an IT Roadmap. Ideally the roadmap should incorporate short, medium- and long-term plans that will (i) align with your business goals and priorities, and (ii) align with available budget. Remember, the right solution may already be present in your organisation – fully utilising existing solutions may well be your start point.
Q: How can our managers work with their staff remotely to help them to be productive?
A: Managers and their staff need to be given:
- The correct tools with which they can communicate and collaborate
- Adequate training to ensure they are competent and capable of making the best out of the tools
- Clear guidelines, working practices and policies through which to work, so they have a clear understanding of how they are to perform their roles, making the most of the provided tools, as efficiently and securely as possible.
Q: Are there any quick IT fixes I can make on a limited budget?
A: Yes, depending on what you currently have, how you need to work and what needs to be achieved, e.g.
- Are you making the most of the tools you currently have e.g. Microsoft 365?
- How are you managing your relationships with your customers and suppliers?
- Are your staff clear about how they should be working, where they should be storing documents and how they are keeping records of discussions, calls and online meetings?