Starn Group (www.starngroup.com) is a private equity-backed group of businesses focused on safety and delivering economic benefit to its customers. It achieves this with a portfolio of technology-led products and services engineered to protect people working in hazardous environments including offshore and onshore oil and gas production facilities, shipping and other marine assets, chemical processing plants, distilleries and food production and processing factories, utilities and water treatment works.
Sector: Global Oil & Gas Services
Projects: IT strategy, ERP, CRM, rental, servicing, hybrid infrastructure, connectivity, intranet, mentorship
- Formulate IT strategy for global organisation growing through acquisition, and manage its implementation.
- Analyse business requirements for an integrated, cloud-based solution to be utilised for sales pipeline, inventory, resource scheduling, technician and equipment deployment, rental, servicing and maintenance.
- Identify and evaluate potential solutions, engage preferred supplier and manage the design and implementation of systems.
- Design and implement an information and document management system.
- Manage migration to Cloud/hosted infrastructure.
- Recruit and mentor internal IT resource.
- An end-to-end business process with single entry of data, permission-based workflow and visibility, accessible from desktop or mobile devices.
- Secure, highly resilient & available Cloud-based infrastructure.
- Flexible topology to facilitate integration of acquired businesses.
- Adoption of standard applications and hardware globally.
- Improved communications and collaboration.
- Quality document management controls.
- Variety of business applications, ranging from spreadsheet and SharePoint-based resource management and scheduling systems to locally installed ERP applications.
- Global workforce requiring secure access to information services.
- Complex business requirements.
- Limited internal IT leadership.
- No internal IT resource.
- Challenging commercial environment.
- IT strategic leadership
- Requirements analysis
- Procurement and implementation of:
- ERP & warehouse management system
- Mobile solutions
- Telecoms services
- Resilient, highly-available, harmonised hybrid infrastructure (Public Cloud + Private Cloud)
- Information management system
- Recruitment and mentorship of internal IT resource supported by outsourced support providers.
- Training and IT competency development.
- Global roll-out of business management services.
- Integration planning of new acquisitions.