Campion Homes, based in Dunfermline, Fife is an independent housebuilder in the private and social housing markets. A family-owned business founded in 1989, employing around 133 staff and operating over 9 sites/branches, the company builds over 200 properties per year, split over multiple sites across East Central Scotland for housing association, local authority and private housing.
The Campion Homes’ management team recognised that the organisation had outgrown its existing IT provision, in particular:
- outsourced IT support
- business management systems, built around files and folders and the company’s finance system
- remote working capability
- security and business continuity provisions
- local and wide area network stability, capacity and resilience
- internal and external communication and collaboration
The Directors identified the need for IT leadership to analyse the IT requirements to support the company’s long-term growth ambitions, formulate a plan to address these requirements and manage the plan’s successful implementation.
Tullitec was engaged in 2017 to apply its IT knowledge, experience and leadership to carry out a review of Campion Homes’ information and communications technology (ICT) systems and infrastructure, and thereafter develop an “IT Excellence” roadmap which will ensure that management, staff and stakeholders have the correct systems and resources available to support the successful delivery of the company’s business plan.
Working closely with the management team, Tullitec assumed the role of a “virtual Head of IT” and completed an ICT review. This made a series of recommendations which then evolved into an “IT Excellence” roadmap, comprising a challenging set of projects including:
- Specified, procured and oversaw the successful deployment and implementation of a construction industry ERP system
- Engaged and onboarded an alternative IT service provider
- Recruited and mentored an IT coordinator (later appointed IT Manager)
- Managed the upgrade of network infrastructure, connectivity, end user computer (including Windows 10 and Office 365 rollout) and remote worker facilities.
- Managed the selection of and migration to hosted and cloud services
- Upgraded the Internet Services to ensure capacity, availability and performance of cloud-based applications and services
- Reviewed and update the business continuity and security provisions
- Formulated the plan for IT service management based on ITIL principles.
Over a period of 30 months, Tullitec, in conjunction with internal and external resources, successfully delivered these projects, the result of which is an organisation with impressive IT infrastructure, applications and services capable of supporting the ongoing growth of the company well into the future. These provisions have stood the test of a challenging trading period, not least the COVID-19 epidemic.
“Campion Homes has been hugely reliant on the services of Tullitec since our first engagement with them in late 2018. From our first meeting with George it was clear he understood our needs and was able to articulate very clearly what our IT strategy needed to look like to future proof our business. George and Andrew’s drive and commitment to support the delivery of this strategy has resulted in Campion Homes now having a robust IT infrastructure and critically, an ERP system that, as a significant long term investment, will drive efficiencies across all areas of the business. The move to cloud based solutions has proven invaluable during the COVID-19 epidemic and would not have been achieved without the long term support the company has received from Tullitec.“
Susan Jackson, Joint Managing Director