Barrhead Travel, the Glasgow-based award-winning travel agency, is one of the largest travel operators in the UK. Founded in 1975, employing around 1000 staff and operating over 90 sites/branches, the company was taken over in 2018 by Travel Leader’s Group (TLG), one of North America’s largest travel companies and a leader in both consumer retail travel and global corporate travel.
In order for Barrhead Travel to become fully integrated with TLG’s global IT systems, the management team recognised the need for its IT function to be restructured. Tullitec was engaged to undertake a review of IT infrastructure, services and contracts.
Tullitec assumed the role of a “virtual Head of IT” and coordinated the resources of the UK-based team, TLG’s US team, and a number of external service providers. Tullitec undertook a challenging set of projects including:
- Review, restructure and refocus of Barrhead Travel’s IT function
- Introduction of IT Service Management and ITIL-based best practices
- Competency review and structured training program introduction
- Consolidation of infrastructure and platforms and contracted services
- Simplification and standardisation of branch infrastructure
- Window 10 rollout and hardware refresh to 1000 users
- LAN, WAN remediation
- Migration of hosted services to a new service provider and data centre
- Working with procurement managed, designed the revised requirements for mobile devices
Over a period of 15 months, Tullitec, in conjunction with internal and external resources, successfully delivered these projects, in doing so achieving the impressive tangible and quantifiable benefits shown above.
“We have thoroughly enjoyed working with Tullitec over the last 15 months – they became an integral part of our team when we most needed them. At all times, the team ensured transparent communication, worked diligently and seamlessly integrated with our in-house team to simultaneously improve our IT output and reduce our spend. I would happily recommend Tullitec to any business looking for intelligent IT restructures or improvement.” Jacqueline Dobson, President